The club invites members to sign up to the club tournament every year.
It's a good way to play against others you may not get to see regularly, great match practice and to get some extra fresh air!
To enter the draw, please register your interest, sign up on the sheets that will be in the clubhouse around April/ May time and/ or contact the tournament referee, Chris Davies (details available in the clubhouse) and email email@example.com
Box League - non-members welcome!
Format of Play
- Each ROUND is played over TWO MONTHS.
- Play as little or often as you like. Your BEST THREE MATCH SCORES count towards your total.
- Play against others in your box; mixed doubles, doubles or singles, or even semi mixed / 3:1 doubles if availability is tight.
- A match is 2 x “SETS” OF 13 GAMES, i.e. a maximum of 26 points can be scored per player per match.
- If playing DOUBLES, SWAP PARTNERS after the first set of 13 games , c.f. the America’s Tournament. Spin to see who swaps in same sex doubles.
- At the end of the match write down and agree your scores. Post them in the BOX LEAGUE BOX in the Club House or submit by e-mail to HLTCBoxLeague@gmail.com.
- After 2 months the total score from your BEST THREE MATCHES determines your Box Position.
Your Box Position determines if you move up, down or stay in the same Box next Round. Scores will be updated at intervals within each Round and communicated.
New players can join at anytime but it’s to their advantage to play at least three matches.